I want to be clear before I delve into this post that I don’t believe that you are either born a witch or you are not. I do believe that some people are more inclined to follow a witchy or pagan path, but I honestly believe that everyone has the power within them to be a witch, should they want to be. This post is designed to show if witchcraft would be something that would enrich your life. That being said, let’s get into it.
- You love nature. Witches are heavily associated with nature, and for good reason. most witches see nature as somewhat divine and worship or work with it in some way. Therefore, if you see trees, flowers, the ocean or feel a breeze you have a deeper sense of connection, like there is something more there. Perhaps when you spend too much time away from nature your quality of life changes. I get depressed when I am away from nature so when i was trying to find my house, the number one priority was views of trees. The weather may also change your moods, you may feel happy in the sun, you might feel heightened energy and excitement in a thunderstorm. You might also feel the turning of the year, maybe in the spring you focus on new projects and goals, and you tend to bed down in winter. These are all signs that you could be a witch.
- You have a deep connection with your senses. If you smell cedarwood you imagine yourself in the middle of a beautiful forest, sounds bring back vivid memories and you have a deep connection to people’s feelings and great empathy. If you have a very high sensory perception, you could be a witch.
- You feel a deep sense of connection to the world as a whole. This includes animals, humans and the further universe. You feel that you are connected to everyone and everything spanning the entire ends of creation. You feel that you can manipulate those things, when you look at the night sky you connect to the sun moon and stars, and know that we are all part of something bigger.
- You have a deep belief in yourself. You don’t have to be really outgoing and self confident but you do have to have an intrinsic belief in yourself. You have to believe that you have the power to change things even if you haven’t harnessed it yet, it is easy to be self deprecating, it isn’t easy to stand up and say that you can do it. Take it from me, you do have the power, you just need to believe in it.
- You are drawn to witchcraft. You feel pulled towards it, you maybe love watching videos and films about it, you may just have a curiosity, and that is probably why you clicked on this blog post. This is the biggest giveaway that you should give it a go and that it will enrich your life. If you have the inherent need within your heart to pursue witchcraft you could have none of the other four points and still be a witch, so get on with it.
What to do now:
Do a bit of research, spend time in nature, take in the senses, whisper to the universe, just do something. It doesn’t have to be a big showy ritual, don’t be overwhelmed, just start on your witchcraft journey and let yourself have fun!
R G Wood